Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January Wrap-Up

   Shh, I know it's already a week into February. I'm just trying to stick to the schedule here.



   I honestly can't believe January is over??? It still feels like it was barely New Year's Eve, and now it's nearly Valentine's Day*. If you ignore all the crazy politics, it was a pretty good month for me.

*aka time for me to obsess over fictional boys because I can't find any of them in real life


   At the beginning of the month, I finished Unwholly(4 stars of suspense and feels and hatred for Starkey) as well as The Fire Within(2 stars of a ridiculous amount of squirrels). And then I had no new books to read and got into a reading slump. I started rereading A Time To Die but still haven't finished it. I'm really hoping February is a better reading month. (I also listened to an audiobook with my mom on our drive to work, but it was terrible so we're not gonna mention it.)



   Well writing didn't go as good as I hoped. I wanted to reach 25k by the end of the month, but I'm only at about 17/18k. I pushed back my finish-by date to April 15th, and I'm feeling optimistic.
   Also, I got a new beta!! Caroline is so lovely, you guys. She and my other betas are SO NICE.



   Miraculously, I posted three time in January. I have a few months' worth of posts scheduled, and I plan on posting every Monday and on the last day of every month. I'm really excited to become more consistent with my blogging and hopefully get a few more followers eep. I also redid the blog's design, and I am in love. It's much more my style, and I just want to flail every time I look at it.

My posts: 

Friends' posts:
When The Words Don't Word//A Writer's Faith (guest post by Aimee Meester)
When Inspiration Doesn't Strike//To The Barricade (guest post by Katie Grace)



   If you follow me on Pinterest, you probably have noticed that I've been pinning a lot of Voltron stuff. That's because season 2 came out on January 20th, bringing my obsession back to life. I don't even know why I love this show so much but I do.
   My friend from church let me borrow all of Avatar: The Last Airbender on dvd, so my family's been rewatching it for the first time in years. Guys, this has got to be one of the best shows out there(in my opinion). It's the perfect blend of action, humor, character delevopment, and important lessons. The only thing I don't like is the romance. (Why on earth did I ever ship Kataang)



   Oh boy, guys. January was a good month for new music. I finally listened to Bastille's newest album Wild World and I am completely in love. My favorites are Send Them Off!, Campus, and Glory. 
   On the last day of January, I really wanted to listen to some new music, so I listened to Pvris because my good friend had talked about them and I was curious. And BOY OH BOY AM I GLAD I DID. My favorite is probably You and I, but all of their stuff is so darn good. And good for stories.
   Also, IMAGINE DRAGONS RELEASED A NEW SINGLE ON JANUARY 31. It's so lovely, you guys.




   Life was pretty good in January. I'm really pumped for the new year and planned a lot of stuff that I want to do over the course of 2017. I did some art and bought a Wreck This Journal(which you should totally check out). My little sister turned 16 which I am NOT okay with. Stop growing, child. 
   

   I'd love to keep rambling, but if I don't shut up now I won't get this posted on Monday. So tell me about your January! Did you listen to any new music? What was the best book you read this month? Also, thank you for getting through this crappy blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment