Monday, March 13, 2017

Beautiful People - Danica

So when I asked my beta readers who I should interview, everyone said different characters. (I love you girls but you need to get better at agreeing.) Two of the characters already have painfully awkward and outdated interviews, so we're going with the other one - Danica! She is my sweet little INFJ genius made of stardust and quiet comfort, and I love her dearly.
   As usual, I'm joining Beautiful People, a linkup hosted by Cait @ Paper Fury and Sky @ Further Up and Further In, who are both wonderful people that you should follow right now. I mean it. Go follow them. I'll wait.



   So without further ado, let's get to know Danica!








1. What’s their favourite book/movie/play/etc.?
   Well, she's from a fantasy world, and her family is far too poor to own any books. But if she lived in our world...
Book: Jane Eyre, The Raven Cycle, Harry Potter(duh)
Movie: Beauty and the Beast, Labyrinth
Play: Phantom of the Opera

2. Is there anything they regret doing?
   She regrets being awkward and bad with people, because that makes it hard for her to fit in and have friends.

3. If they were sick or wounded, who would take care of them and how?
   Danica is usually the one taking care of the sick or wounded, but if she needed someone to take care of her, she'd trust Egin and/or Allorie. 

4. Is there an object they can’t bear to part with and why?
   This isn't exactly an object, but she'd hate to cut her hair. It's very long and thick, and she's able to do a lot of cool braids. She considers it her most attractive feature.

5. What are 5 ways to win their heart (or friendship)?
- Pay attention to her (she was a neglected little child)
- Have philosophical discussions with her
- Treat her ideas, thoughts, and feelings with respect
- Let her be her own person and don't try to control or confine her
- Take the initiative in social situations*


   
   *Danica is an shy introverted child and appreciates when she doesn't have to make the first move

6. Describe a typical outfit for them from top to bottom.
   Some kind of braid, a simple dress, and during the colder months, well-worn shoes.

7. What’s their favorite type of weather?
   Clear days where the sun is bright but the air is still cool. Or nights when there are no clouds and you can see all the stars.

8. What’s the worst fight they’ve ever been in?
   She's probably gotten into some nasty fights with her stepmom or her oldest half-sister. Neither of them are very fond of Danica.

9. What names or nicknames have they been called throughout their life?
   Her siblings and the mean kids from her village have probably given her some nicknames that she'd prefer not to hear again.

10. What makes their heart feel alive?
   Stars. Late-night talks about anything. Hugging the people close to her. Stars. Learning new things. Taking time to herself to just think. And did I mention stars.



   And that's all the questions! I love participating in Beautiful People and I look forward to it every month. Thanks for reading!


   What did you think of Danica? She's pretty great, isn't she? Do you have any characters like Danica, or characters she'd get along with? (hint, she has a secret weakness for "bad boys" when they aren't actually terrible human beings.)

9 comments:

  1. Aww, Danica sounds SO PRECIOUS!!! I love her already (and relate to the awkward introvert levels so much <3) And if she likes The Raven Cycle then already I think she's an amazing human. (Also Danic is an awesome name!! I love it!!)

    Thanks for joining in!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think you and Danica would bond over books+being awkwardly introverted! Thanks for commenting?

      Delete
    2. THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN EXCLAMATION POINT DANG IT

      Delete
  2. Danicaaaaaaa my lovely squish muffin star child *hugs her* I think she and Chloe (the MAIN main character in The Dream Walkers) would get along well :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh yes! (also thank you for the reminder to actually read the snippet you sent me instead of just thinking about reading it....)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I GET SO HAPPY EVERY TIME YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS I'M SO GLAD YOU RELATE TO DANICA SO MUCH

      Delete
  4. Danica, Egin, Allorie...I love the names your characters have. How do you come up with them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just...make up sounds until I find one that fits? It's not an exact science. :P (Danica is an actual name; I just didn't know until after I chose it for my character.)

      Delete