Saturday, November 29, 2014

Beautiful Books Linkup #2

   So yeah. By now you've probably noticed that I don't post very much.
   Unless there's a linkup run by Cait. Because Cait Drews is kinda my blogging idol and I wish that my blog could be half as fantabulous as hers. Maybe one day, in a few thousand years.



   And until that day comes, I shall simply leech off of her genius.




1. Be honest: How is your writing going?

  Well, it's going. Sorta. I'm not doing NaNo and I had to drop out of the 100-for-100 because reasons. But right now I'm trying to focus on character development and plotting, because in all honesty?



2. What's your first sentence/paragraph?

  "It was a time of war. No one was safe. It was a time of blood, but the only glory came to those who delighted in death. Some fought for power. The rest fought to keep themselves and their loved ones alive.
  "But, oh, what a terrible life it was! Not knowing if you would live to see another day, and not knowing if you cared."
  A shiver runs through the audience as the firelight flickers on the old storyteller's face. Her white hair shines, and her eyes are dark with the memories of a dark time.


   I avoided an info dump with storytellers and flashbacks. Yay me.


3. Do you have a book cover and/or pictures that reflect your book?

   While I don't have a collage anywhere near as fabulous as Aimee's, I do have one that I like. It's not the best, but it's pretty cool. (I plan on making some better ones soon, but right now I want to just get this posted.)


4. Do you have pictures of each of your characters? If not, describe them for us! (Be as descriptive as you can.)

Let me tell you a thing. 

   My characters are my babies and I flipping love them to death. I made some fabulous one-line descriptions of them so here you go.



 First we have Kaleth.
A skilled warrior with a talent for inspiring action and creating laughter


Then Barrow.
A knight with a tragic past and a penchant for flirting


And Egin.

A lonely hunter with hidden magic and a love for cats


And then there's the girls,

 like Allorie.

A princess forced to be a soldier


And Danica,
A village girl with an eye for detail and a mind for strategy 

And last but not least, Katria.
A notorious assassin longing for peace

  Yes I have a lot.


5. What scene are you most excited to write?

  THE SHIPPING. OOOOH THE SHIPPING. I can't wait to be able to have my characters hold hands and kiss and save each other.


6. Share a snippet or a scene you really enjoyed writing.


"I'm sure your father knew what he was doing." Mum sounded confident but there was uncertainty in her eyes.

  What had they been doing? Why would six seemingly immortal beings choose to die for a cause they could have won?
  And then Kaleth knew. They had seen something better in the future. Something stronger. But what?
  An idea came into his mind and refused to leave. It spun through his thoughts and destroyed every argument with its obviousness, its perfection.


  
7. Now that you're writing, have any of the plot details, or the process itself, turned out different from what you planned or imagined?

  Not really...I've just found out more about the plot. But I did discover that I am a plontser: heavy on the plotting with a little bit of pantsing.

8. Is there a character or aspect of your plot that's difficult to write?

I think the hardest part is hinting at backstory without revealing too much. Third person limited is a little difficult.

9. What’s your favorite aspect of this novel so far? Favorite character?

 My favorite aspect is Barrow and Kaleth's arguing. They can't get along for the life of them and it's adorable. And I'm really not allowed to have a favorite; it's like asking a mother to choose her favorite child. (But if you really want to know, it's Barrow.)

10. Have you drawn off of any life experiences or people you know to create your novel and your characters?

  Barrow is based vaguely on my best guy friend, who I'll call Ryan. They have similar personalities, and even their backstory is kinda similar(this is probably why he's my favorite). And I noticed that several of my characters feel trapped in some way but desperately wish for freedom, which I relate to.

11. Do you have a playlist or certain song for your novel and/or characters?
  Not exactly, but the Narnia soundtracks capture the feel of the novel very well.

12. Let’s have some fun for a moment: imagine you are somehow transported into your book’s world. Which character are you most likely to be found hanging out with?

  OH GOSH WHY WOULD YOU SUGGEST SUCH A THING




  ALL OF THEM I WOULD HANG OUT WITH ALL OF THEM.
  Ok in all honestly I think I would hang out with Barrow and Allorie the most. But Danica and Egin...and Kaleth...and we really can't forget Katria. I would be so scared of her but we might still be friends.
  SO YEAH I CAN'T DECIDE THEY'RE ALL TOO FABULOUS.

13. How do you keep yourself motivated to finish your daily wordcount? (Pinterest? Internet breaks? Chocolate?)

  Well, I'm not doing NaNo or anything so I don't really have a word count...

14. What inspiring quote keeps you writing?

  Aimee's fantastic motivational post is rather inspiring. (And no, I'm totally not jealous of Aimee's fantabulousness.)

15. How does this book make you feel so far? Are you laughing? Crying? Frustrated?

  Right now I'm kinda just giggling madly because holy crap I have multiple chapters and people like it and look at these awesome characters and




  So, that's all for now! I have been nominated for another blog award(what is this madness) so hopefully I will post more soon.
  Love you all!


8 comments:

  1. BARROWWWWW. I shouldn't pick favorites either because all of your charries are fabulous. But Barrow. Yassss.
    *blushes* Awww, you referenced me twice...thanks! You're quite fabulous too, don't be jealous :-)
    I love all your character pictures. And your collage thingy (those should have a cooler name xD) is actually pretty awesome. I LOVES THE FIRST PARAGRAPH PRECIOUS YESSS.

    ALL THE SHIPPING. YES. AND ALL THE WONDERFUL GIFS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO BASICALLY YOU LOVE EVERYTHING.
      THIS MAKES ME HAPPY.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh that picture under number 4 is HYSTERICAL and perfectly describes my writing process. ^_^ I think we all kind of idolize Cait.... She's superwoman!!!

    Chloe | Curious Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I found that and I was like "YAAAASSS".
      You have a lovely blog, by the way. :)

      Delete
  3. You can do it! Writing the first draft is the hardest part of writing a novel. Once you get something to work with, it gets easier. Your characters sound really cool. ^ ^ Good luck!

    Stori Tori's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. And that's so cool I'm up there with your Blog friends. I feel honored. :)

      Delete
    2. Aw, thank you! *grins*
      And also I nominated you for a blog award...don't know if you saw it.

      Delete
    3. Oh thank you! I've seen it. I just won't be able to post for it till next month. My blog schedule is full lol. ^ ^'

      Delete